Google to M365 Migration
By migrating to Microsoft 365, staff and students will enjoy a better, enterprise-level online platform, with the following features:
- Enterprise IT skills –Large enterprises and HK universities are using M365. Students gaining M365 skills will help their careers.
- Integrated functions– Office, Outlook Email, OneDrive, Teams, etc.
- Document Management– SharePoint for document management with automation and collaboration capabilities.
- Online Collaboration– Users may co-edit Word, Excel, and PPT files online.
- Better Security– M365 provides good access and document control functions.
- Single-sign-on– No need to maintain two separate accounts (Google/Microsoft)
- Available in Mainland– Students may access email and files in Mainland.
Migration Phases And Important Dates
- Date of Domain Switchover: June 2023
- Date of Google service suspension: April 2024
- All data in google removed: May 2024
|Forms||Google Forms||Microsoft Forms|
|Drive||Google Drive|| SharePoint (for shared drive)
One Drive (for own documents)
|Communication tools||Google Chat||Teams|
Other Google Docs Editors
( Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides,)
(Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint)