If you want to see the changes you and others have made to a document, spreadsheet, presentation, or drawing, you can check the revision history. You can view and revert to earlier versions of the file and see which person made specific edits. Revision history is not available on Google Forms.
See revision history for a file
- Open a document, spreadsheet, presentation, or drawing.
- Click File > See revision history.
- Click a timestamp in the panel on the right to see a previous version of the file. You’ll also see the people who edited the file below the timestamp, and the edits that each person made are shown in the color that appears next to their name.
- In the top right, you can scroll through the list of changes.
- Note: Text that has been added will be highlighted in a different color. Text that has been deleted will be shown with a strikethrough.
- To revert to the version you’re currently viewing, click Restore this revision.
- To return to the current version of your document, click the back arrow in the top left.
Reverting to a previous version of a document doesn’t eliminate any versions, but it moves this previous version to the top of your revision history.